Sikorsky Aerospace Services' alliance with FlightSafety International provides international military customers with the highest quality training available. State-of-the-art facilities, training devices, multi-media, and factory approved curriculum are offered at the West Palm Beach (USA) Learning Center.
In addition to the S-70 helicopter training offerings listed below, additional courses are in development. A maintenance trainer and flight simulator are now available.
|Available Courses ||S-70 |
|Pilot Initial ||X |
|Pilot Recurrent ||X |
|Pilot Transition ||X |
|Maintenance Initial ||X |
|Maintenance Transition ||X |
|Electrical ||X |
|Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) ||X |
|Composite Blade Repair ||X |
|Control Rigging ||X |
|Maintenance Manager ||X |
Additional courses are offered by Sikorsky Aerospace Services to maintenance and avionics technicians. Our training specialists develop courses to fit customer needs and provide classroom and hands-on instruction on organizational level maintenance requirements, intermediate level maintenance requirements, and depot level maintenance requirements.
- The avionics systems training provides in-depth theory of operation and troubleshooting techniques on the most technically advanced systems used in aviation today.
- The electrical systems course provides in-depth theory of operation and troubleshooting techniques on the most technically advanced systems used in aviation today.
- The automatic flight control system course provides theory of operation on today's advances in fully coupled integrated systems for stability augmentation, automatic hover and depart modes, gust alleviation, and autopilot functions using advanced computer technology.
- The powertrain systems course provides instruction on today's maintenance techniques utilizing theory of operation, sub-system operation, and ground support equipment.
- The hydraulic systems course provides instruction in hydraulic systems theory, component functions, structural repair techniques, systems maintenance and preventive maintenance techniques.
Web-Based Training (WBT)
For just-in-time context-sensitive access to training lessons, a user may select a link from within the Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) to start the WBT application.